What are the school hours?
- Drop off begins at 7:45am. The school day runs from 8:10am to 3:00pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- In order to provide quality ongoing professional development for teachers, classes on Fridays dismiss at 12:45pm. Buses will pick up eligible students at 12:45pm.
Will there be programs for children during vacations and holidays?
- As a public school we follow the East Hartford Public Schools calendar and are closed during holidays and vacations.
- We will have a 4 week Summer Studio Program in the Summer.
What are the grade levels in the schools?
- Our school currently serves children in Pre-K 3 through Grade 4. Grade 5 will be added SY 2018-19.
Will children of different ages be grouped together in the classrooms?
- Children ages 3 and 4 will be grouped together in classrooms.
- Children Kindergarten and up will be separated by grade.
Are Special Education services available?
- We will work with the special needs of all children to ensure that their needs are fully met.
- We include all children in the regular classroom setting as much as possible.
Is transportation provided?
- Bus transportation is provided for all Kindergarten-Grade 4 students in the Hartford Regional Transportation Zone and all children living in Hartford.
- Families living outside the Transportation zone may choose to bring their student to the nearest stop within the zone or provide their own transportation. Families that decide to transport their student for the school year can apply for a stipend which will be based on student attendance at the end of the year.
- For information regarding transportation please contact CREC transportation at (860)524-4077.
How will Parents/Guardians be involved in the Schools?
- We encourage the involvement of families as much as possible. Families are always welcome and are very important to the education process.
What is the Student to Teacher Ratio?
- Each classroom will have 18-20 students, depending on the grade with 1 state certified Teacher and instructors where needed.
- Goodwin College staff and students may also help in the classroom, providing teachers and students with access to best practices and the latest research.
Do children need to be potty trained before starting school?
- If your child is not potty trained we will work with you and your child on a potty training plan.
What is the Reggio Emilia Model?
Based on the model of teaching used in Reggio Emilia Schools:
- Children have control over the direction of their learning.
- Children have endless ways and opportunities to express themselves.
- Children learn through touching, moving, listening, seeing, and hearing.
- Children have strong relationships with other children, adults and their environment.
How did we incorporate Reggio Emilia into the School’s design?
- Our school is full of natural light to inspire a warm and friendly learning environment for children.
- The school has lots of different spaces for children to work creatively.
- The outdoor playground is made of natural materials to simulate nature.
- We have created community areas for children and families to come together for special events or meetings
Will there be a rest-time?
- Rest-time is part of the Pre-K daily schedule.
Do we participate in Care for Kids (Reimbursement for Afternoon Studio)?
- We will work with parents and guardians, if they qualify, to make these arrangements.